When Chef Siba’s Table first aired on Food Network, it not only cemented her standing as Africa’s premier culinary phenomenon, but catapulted her to the status of global food icon in more than 135 countries worldwide, and 60 million homes in the USA through the Cooking Channel alone. The world was hungry for the local and African dishes with a twist and this Food and Consumer Sciences with majors in Food Sciences and Nutrition graduate, trained chef and former magazine food editor and model served up – and continues to consume every bite she creates with her unique dazzling deftness.
With so much under her belt including being one of the most in-demand celebrity chefs on an array of local and international programmes, at food festivals the world over and not forgetting on glossy magazine covers, it is hard to sum up just how barricade-breaking this down-to-earth chef with her humble, Mdantsane, Eastern Cape roots has been.
Siba’s re-invention as a business-savvy entrepreneur as evidenced through the formation of The Siba Co, a Food Solutions and Innovation Holding and career highlights thus far:
– In 2020 she launched her long awaited fine dining restaurant in Africa’s premium location at the VA Waterfront in Cape Town, South Africa.
– In 2020 she officially became a Harvard Business School Case Study. She was named one of 100 most influential Africans by New Africa Magazine.
– In 2020, Tatler Magazine in Malaysia hailed her as one of seven world’s most respected Food Goddesses in the world.
– 2019, The Siba Co was hand-picked by the presidency to culinary direct and curate the VIP menu for the inauguration of South African current serving president, Cyril Ramaphosa, serving 450 guests, including heads of states, former presidents, kings, queens and global business moguls.
– In 2018 she scooped a Silver Word Medal Award at the New York TV &Film Awards, her 5th award for her cooking show, Siba Table, in the US alone.
– In 2018 she was a recipient of the esteemed Ubuntu Award, which is awarded by The South African government to citizens who are flying the South African flag worldwide through excellence in their work.
– Her plethora of awards – Siba has won 5 US Film and Television Awards and 4 Awards locally.
– In 2014 she made the O (Oprah Winfrey’s) Power List of 21 African Women who are rocking the world.
‘Being able to show case my food heritage and bring my continent the food acclaim it deserves is both a privilege and a blessing,’ says. Ever the entrepreneur, much of her focus remains invested in The Siba Co and growing its restaurants, hospitality operations in Africa and beyond to be an industry lead in the food service trade. Siba is a wife and mom of 4 beautiful children.